Oh no! I am sorry to hear about the reaction to the ring. The impact of soap, lotions, sweat, chemicals, and debris that build up under the ring can be quite damaging to ring metals. Over time they will start to leave a green mark on your finger as the elements react with the metal, skin, and skin oils. But don't worry, this can be preventable.
Here are some tips that can help prevent your ring from turning your skin green:
- Paint the part of the jewelry that touches your skin with a coat of clear nail polish so there is a type of barrier between the jewelry and your skin. (You may need to reapply as the polish wears off over time)
- Clean your ring regularly to remove excess lotion, sweat, and dirt.
- Store your ring in a dry environment.
- Keep your skin dry when wearing your ring.
- Avoid wearing your ring on hot days, since you’re more likely to sweat.
- Take off your ring when swimming and cleaning.
Please note that, unfortunately, we are unable to offer ring replacements for Green Finger, as it can be caused by various factors outside of our control. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please sign in to leave a comment.